The Lifelong Learning Institute contributes to the development of the Town of Franklin as a knowledge community through the implementation of a variety of courses, programs, and initiatives for participants of all ages.
What is the Lifelong Learning Institute?
The Lifelong Learning Institute is the community education branch of the Franklin Public Schools. Lifelong Learning provides educational experiences for Franklin residents (and those from surrounding towns) from pre-school through retirement and beyond. This all-encompassing mission is accomplished through the efforts of dedicated employees of the Franklin Public Schools, and is supplemented with the talents of a number of our "friends in education" who partner and collaborate with us. The Lifelong Learning Institute is a fully functioning part of the Franklin Public Schools and has been in existence since the fall of 1998.
Schools are among the greatest resources a community has to offer its residents. In Franklin, the Lifelong Learning Institute provides opportunities for Town residents (and those from surrounding towns), who may or may not have school-aged children, to access a level of educational support, a sense of belonging and a feeling of ownership, while simultaneously enjoying a quality learning experience.
The programs of Lifelong Learning include:
- Lifelong Community Learning: Art and Literature; Child Care Education; Business & Professional Development; Dance, Exercise, Fitness; Food and Wine; Kids' Corner; Language; Photography and Social Media; Special Events; and Sports
- Solutions Extended Day/Enrichment Program: Before and After Program;Solutions Summer Adventure, and extended learning courses
- Lifelong Music Academy: Private Music Lessons, The String School of Franklin, The Band School of Franklin, and The Chorus School of Franklin
- Summer Program: Common App Bootcamp, Forensic Science, High School Academic Support, High School Experience, Oceans of Fun, Ready Set Kindergarten, STAR, Summer Art Institute, Summer Math Academy, Summer Music Program, Summer Musical Theatre, and Writing Your College Essay.
- Lifelong Online Learning - ed2go